Thank you for your wonderfully positive feedback in our recent parent/carer survey. We were overwhelmed to read about how proud so many of you are to be members of Team Ipsley: a community in which we aspire for everyone to be ambitious, courageous and kind.
I and my Senior Leadership Team wanted to take the time to write to you and share some of the feedback we received:
- 4 out of 5 of you told us that we have high expectations of your child, and that they are doing well at Ipsley.
- 4 out of 5 of you told us that Ipsley makes sure its pupils are well-behaved.
- 4 out of 5 of you told us that Ipsley communicates with you well.
- 4 out of 5 of you told us that Ipsley supports your child’s wider personal development, extracurricular opportunities and mental wellbeing.
- 9 out of 10 of you told us that your child feels happy and safe attending Ipsley.
Finally, we were thrilled to see that over 4 out of 5 of you would recommend us to another family. We believe Team Ipsley is a very special community to belong to, and we are so pleased to hear that so many of you feel the same.
You said, We did...
As a Senior Leadership Team, we want to ensure we are always listening to our community around us to learn what we could do better, and how we can offer as much support as possible to our families.
You told us… that you wanted to find out more about your child’s learning and the support available to them in school.
- So we have… designed a whole new school website, with dedicated curriculum pages so that you can find out about everything your child will be learning during their journey through Ipsley, and the support available to them in school from our inclusion team!
You told us… that you wanted more information about the clubs available to pupils so that all members of Team Ipsley can take advantage of the extracurricular opportunities in place.
- So we have… created a new clubs' directory which we will share with all families so that you know exactly what extracurricular experiences your child has the opportunity to enjoy each half-term!
You told us… that you wanted to know more about our anti-bullying policies, and for our pupils to be more actively involved in supporting each other to stamp out bullying in all its forms.
- So we have… launched the Happy Healthy Safe Pupil Leadership Team, who are receiving expert training in how to identify and report any instances of bullying in any of its forms! They have already been involved in helping us to rewrite our anti-bullying policy so that we can ensure Ipsley remains a community where bullying is never tolerated.
You told us… that you wanted to be able to update us more regularly about changes to your contact details, such as your phone number or email address, so that you don’t miss out on any important updates from school.
- So we have… purchased a new app called Arbor which we will be launching later this term, so that families can update addresses, contact details and other important information without the need to contact the office or wait for our annual data collection sheets!
Thank you to all families who took the time to share their thoughts and feelings with us through our survey. Throughout the year, we are always keen to hear your feedback on things we are doing well and things that we could do better, so that all in our community can continue to enable our wonderful young people to flourish. Please do get in touch with us if you have anything further to share.
Finally, I want to leave you with these comments which I shared with my staff this week. We are so appreciative of all the support we receive from our families, and I felt that these kind words summarised why I am so proud to work in Team Ipsley every day:
Thank you, as ever, for all of your support.
Miss Saul & Ipsley's Senior Leadership Team.